2012 comes to us with opportunities and probably some baggage. What will the year ahead bring? Or, maybe a better question is: what will each of us bring to 2012? How will we navigate the highs, lows, waves, sunny skies and whirlpools?
I have taken the first step to write my life’s next chapter: I resigned my job this week. Am I crazy? In this economy? At my age? I am not ready to retire. But I have enough self-awareness to know when I am in a situation that is not right for me. I am ready to change direction. And I am well aware that I am more fortunate than many because I have a partner (my wonderful husband) who supports this move.
As I pursue job openings that look like a good fit for me and my qualifications, I will spend my time working on my own projects:
- Develop myself as an artist, doing the coursework in Julia Cameron’s book: The Artist’s Way, A Spiritual Path to Higher Creativity (see Resources section).
- Research what is needed to self-publish a Kindle book. I am writing a guide encouraging midlife women to live with pizzazz! I’ll provide more information as this project grows.
- Revitalize and rework this blog to become the platform for my new thoughts and endeavors. I’ll remove some old blog entries and write some new ones. Some of my previous posts will be revised to become part of my book – along with a whole lot of new material I’ve been working on.
- Tackle some home projects that have been put aside for too long – organize and declutter my home, cook healthy meals, commit to financial planning, and more.
- Lest this become too much of a “To Do” list, let me add the more unstructured ways I want to spend my days: painting, dreaming, writing poetry, making connections with other people – in person and online, and learning – always learning.
What will you bring to your 2012?